Here is a standard header that I use.
     Hoption(*nodebugio:*srcstmt)
     Hdftactgrp(*no) actgrp(*caller)
     Hbnddir('MASTDATA')

The binding directory MASTDATA contains service programs that return master
file data. Stuff like item descriptions, customer names, stuff like that.

In one of the service programs, I have a subprocedure, GetItdsc that
returns the item description of a file.

I use it like this:
      sfdesc = GetItdsc(sfItem);

When I compile the program I don't have to worry about binding modules or
service programs. I just do a PDM Option 14, (or the compile menu option
from WDSc), All of the service programs that I need are in the binding
directory. I have binding directories for Date handling stuff, String
handling routines (Upper, Lower, Proper) and other more application
specific ones.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark D. Walter
Senior Programmer/Analyst
CCX, Inc.
mwalter@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ccxinc.com

|---------+------------------------------->
|         |           "Booth Martin"      |
|         |           <booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx>|
|         |           Sent by:            |
|         |           midrange-l-bounces@m|
|         |           idrange.com         |
|         |                               |
|         |                               |
|         |           10/29/2004 12:19 PM |
|         |           Please respond to   |
|         |           Midrange Systems    |
|         |           Technical Discussion|

<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                            |
  |       cc:
                                                 |
  |       Subject:  Re: *** ADMIN: New article posted at imho.midrange.com

please, nobody look while I make a fool of myself.  no peeking.

err...  what do you mean, Mark?  Can you show me an example?

Booth Martin

http://www.martinvt.com