I have unsuccessfully tried to use the QSPGETF API to copy a spooled
file to a data base file. It appears to be a record length error, but I
have created the PF with much more than I need for a record length. It's
an AFPDS with about 110 char/line. THe file record length is now 1000. I
started at 250, then 500. Keep getting the same error:
Message ID . . . . . . :   CPF3370       Severity . . . . . . . :   30

Message type . . . . . :   Diagnostic

Date sent  . . . . . . :   10/07/04      Time sent  . . . . . . :
13:02:20

Message . . . . :   Some data not copied to file PRINTWIDER in TRSFDD.

Cause . . . . . :   The spooled file to TX062DS1 number 2 job

  274179/TRSFDD/TX_SHRFBIL contained more characters in the record than
would
  fit in files PRINTWIDER in TRSFDD.   Data was copied starting with
the first
  column in the record.  Data at the end of some records was not
copied.
    The data that was not copied is in lines .

    A plus (+) character indicates that the system has not listed all
the
  lines where data was lost.

    A minus (-) indicates the system could not determine on which lines
data
  was lost.

Recovery  . . . :   Copy the spooled file to a data base file with
longer
  record length.

Bottom

TIA