Go into Query and First select your *OUTFILE as the Query file.

Then follow along as below:

                            Define Result Fields

Type definitions using field names or constants and operators, press Enter.
 Operators:  +, -, *, /, SUBSTR, ||, DATE...

Field Expression Column Heading Len Dec
ENDPOS (whibo + whfldb) - 1 End 5 0
Position

Select and Sequence Fields

Type sequence number (0-9999) for the names of up to 500 fields to
 appear in the report, press Enter.

Seq Field Text Len Dec
10 WHFLDI Internal field name 10
20 WHIBO Input buffer position 5 0
30 ENDPOS (whibo + whfldb) - 1 5 0
40 WHFLDB Field length in bytes 5 0
50 WHFTXT Field text description 50
60 WHFLDT Field type: B,A,S,P,F,O,J,E,H,L,T,Z,G,1,2, 1

The Output should look like this. If you don't need field type and description, remove them (sequence 50 and 60) from the Query.

Internal    Input     End       Field     Field                 Field
Field Name  Buffer    Position  Length    Description           Type
           Position            In Bytes
GLCRR           153       160         8   Exchange Rate. . . .    P
GLHCRR          161       168         8   Historical Exchange     P
GLHDGJ          169       174         6   Historical Date. . .    S
GLAA            175       182         8   Amount . . . . . . .    P
GLU             183       190         8   Units. . . . . . . .    P
GLUM            191       192         2   Unit of Measure. . .    A
GLGLC           193       196         4   G/L Offset . . . . .    A

Note that the Field Length here equals buffer length. So for Packed numerics, don't confuse this with the number of Digits which is field WHFLDD in the Outfile.

Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today - it's FREE! hthttp://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/