On Thu, 2004-09-09 at 16:48, pnelson@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I've got another kind of Zebra printer to deal with now. Does anybody have
> any RPG examples of dealing with EPL (Eltron programming language)?

EPL?  I just did a job with a TLP2844, but it had ZPL.  Is it the same?

Ohhh, Just did a quick web search - we had a TLP2844-Z model.  I liked
the ZPL better than EPL or the datamax printer language when I looked at
them.  Aren't most other Zebra printers using ZPL now?

In any case, if you can get the TLP2844Z with the ethernet server, then
you can set up a remote output queue, and use ZPL.

Here is the first program I wrote (generates ZPL) to talk to the
TLP2844Z:

     Fbctest    o    f  132        printer
     D DATA            s            132a
     C                   eval      data = '^XA'
     C                   EXCEPT
     C                   eval      data = '^LH30,30'
     C                   EXCEPT
     C                   eval      data = '^FO20,10^AD^FDZEBRA^FS'
     C                   EXCEPT
     C                   eval      data = '^FO20,60^B3^FDAAA001^FS'
     C                   EXCEPT
     C                   eval      data = '^XZ'
     C                   EXCEPT
     C                   eval      *inlr = '1'
     Obctest    e                           1
     O                       data

Yucky, but it did the job.  The label it generates is one of the samples
in the programmers guide.

Here is a sample label that can be printed successfully on 1" tall by 3"
wide stock, and is the format we decided to use for our application:

# BCTEST14C
# MOCK UP
# CODE-128 BARCODE
^XA
  ^LH32,8
  ^FO0,8^AF^FDMR^FS
  ^FO480,8^AF^FDXXXXX^FS
  ^FO56,0^A0,,40^FD123456-1234567^FS
  ^FO360,8^AF^FD- I^FS
  ^FO0,40^AF^FDSMITH, BETTE B.^FS
  ^FO0,72^AF^FDJOHNSON, MARK^FS
  ^FO0,104^AF^FDRM 22301    4/23/2004   F - 37Y^FS
  ^FO192,136^BCN,40,N,N,Y,A
  ^FD0123456789^FS
^XZ

I would add that we ended up not moving any TLP2844 printers into
production.  Turns out our stock of choice only came on an five inch
roll, which won't fit inside that unit.  We searched around for awhile,
and decided instead to go with a different printer.

--
Regards,
Rich

Current Conditions in Des Moines, IA