From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sannan Solberg
Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2004 5:53 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: City/State/County Info by Zip Codes

Thanks for all the replies.  My main need for it has to do with getting
the County info "by zip code" so we can update our customer database.
The "sales people" do things by County and we don't currently have that
info on the customers.  Only addresses.  We will not be doing any
validation (but we could).  The reason I'm not worried about keeping it
updated "regularly" is that I can regularly check for customers without
a county on their record, check the zip and if it is new, find out the
info from the USPS site and add it to my table.  We're not talking about
"hundreds of thousands" of customers either, just a couple hundred new
ones per year and a majority of them would already be residing in zip
codes we would (hopefully) have.