Hi all,

I do not know much about LPAR and IBM site is down on this topic.

I am interested to know how I can benchmark a whole set of processes in
terms of CPU used and not the time involved in the process.  I am not
sure if I am asking the right question here.  Since I see the number of
minutes the process took but not how much CPU was utilized in many of
the bench marks.  Is there a ratio for the CPU used with time?  Is LPAR
the best way to do a benchmark?  How can I set this up?

Also, I would like to restrict the user to not use more than certain
threshold of CPU, is this possible?  Or is the job priority & subsystem
the solution for this or LPAR?  Can anyone please send me any material
on LPAR?

Thanks,
Sudha

Sudha Ramanujan