> The iSeries is both the inbound and outbound mail server.
> If I telnet to it on port 25 from _inside_ the LAN, I get:
> 220 I5.DILGARDFOODS.COM Service ready.
> If I telnet to it on port 25 from _outside_ the LAN, I get:
> 220 **********************************
>
> Can anyone tell me why this is?  Or how to correct it?  Is it
> a firewall/router issue?

I posted the above the other day, still trying to determine why we can't
send email to our cellphones from within the LAN, but can from outside the
LAN.

I opened a Supportline call on the above.  Rochester says the
******************** is definitely being put there by the router and/or
firewall.  The "220 I5.DILGARDFOODS.COM Service ready" is hardcoded on the
system and not changeable.  Supportline said there are 2 issues that could
be causing the inability to send to the cellphones:

1) The **************** being put in by the firewall/router
2) The lack of a ptr record for dilgardfoods.com at the ISP (Verizon)

She suggested I tackle them in the above order.

--
Jeff Crosby
Dilgard Frozen Foods, Inc.

company.  Unless I say so.