Jim,

It depends on what Os release you are. With V5R2 SQL has been enhanced to refer
to columns (fields) in other tables when creating tables (files). I still think
that that enhancement is more cludgy and cumbersome than the traditional field
reference file.

I wish there was a repository of fields (columns) somewhere to use for
reference, both in SQL and DDS (file SYSCOLUMNS (an LF IIRC) perhaps?). Was
IDDU not developped for that purpose?

Regards,
Carel Teijgeler.