If your database is fully normalized, and if you want to order sets of data
with some flexibility, you can't beat SQL's ability to create and order the
records you need.

SQL gives you the ability to kick it up several notches from a functionality
standpoint: I demo'ed an application where I double-clicked on a subfile
column heading and sorted the display; I thought the users were going to
riot.  Sure, you can do that with a jillion logicals, or QLGSORT.  But when
you add dynamic select/omit capabilities and not being able to order a join
LF with data not in the primary file, SQL is the answer.

-reeve

SETLL