I guess you never got this working (or we are missing what you are trying to do)
Getting the second display was not a problem for me using
I did have to uncomment the ACQ line, and use
CRTDSPF FILE(MYDSPF) SRCFILE(xxx/xxx) DEV(*NONE) MAXDEV(50)
from http://archive.midrange.com/rpg400-l/199906/msg00009.html
But were I see the problems are, how are you going to start the client access session? (Ok I am sure that is on the list someplace also). How to get the AS400 device name? (It could be a set name or some naming scheme, but how do you know what that is?) How do you force the new session to get focus? How do you close down the new session? And how are you going to pass data? (data queue, etc).

It sure seams to me if you are going to start a new session that will most likly cover the screen or some part of it anyway, I do not see how that is different then just a pop up window and control were on the display it shows based on the location of record the data is for.

John Ross
www.ERP400.com
www.Netshare400.com

booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Can an RPG program control 2 open and active screens at one time?

For instance can my main screen have an option to display certain
information related to a selected subfile item onto a second screen?  I'd
like F5 to display comments for example, but not cover over the current
data on the display.

It'd be like displaying a window, but putting it on a different client
access screen.