I am trying to find a way to add text to SQL indexes.

Looking through the archives I found this line of code submitted in Oct. 2003
by Vern.
CALL QCMDEXC ('CHGLF FILE(vern/myidx) text(''This is an index'')',
x'000000004700000F')

I can't get it to fit on a single line so my statement looks like this:
CALL QCMDEXC ('CHGLF FILE(SUDOC/SUDETLS00) text(''SU detail exceptions by User,
Date, Time'')', x'000000009600000F');

When I issue the RUNSQLSTM command it fails on the call.  I have tried several
variations to try and correct the error but without success.  I only succeeded
in getting different errors.  The statement above generates the error 'String
')     O   ' contains a character that is not valid.'

Can someone show me what I'm missing?

Rick Chevalier
 <<ole0.bmp>>
Enterprise Solutions