This 'save to a cd image' thing in v5r3...

Do I end up creating an image in the library system or can I go straight
to IFS?  If I can go to IFS, can I map a drive using the QNTC thing so
that I can write the image right to a file share on one of my NT
boxes???

Now THAT would be cool.

BTW - this whole thread got started because of the new 'reorg while
active' thing in v5r3.  I am a vendor of one of the current reorg
utilities, so I am one of 'victims' of IBM's "innovation".

I have reviewed the documentation for this new feature and feel that my
gizmo still has some significant advantages over IBM's new thing.  I
won't bombard this group with the details, but my impression is that
IBM's thing is a Chevy, and my solution (and perhaps the other vendors
in this area) are offering BMWs and Mercedes.  The IBM thing is pretty
basic.  It's a big improvement over the old way, but there's still a
better way to do it.

A Chevy is good, but a BMW might be better.

Go... FASTER!  Without an Upgrade!
ARCTOOLS/400(tm) and ReorgWizard(tm)
http://www.arctools.com
DCSoftware, Inc.