Michael,

About November 2003 the iSeriesNetwork Programmers newsletter, edited by Scott,
gave a sample programme to use journalling API, written by Carsten Flensberg.

I used that code to "write" my own exit programme (read: adapting the code) and
it works well.

I do not have the exact where abouts of that newsletter. But it is perhaps
worth a while.

Journalling and the exits programmes are explained in the Backup and Recovery
Guide, chapter 19 and 20.

Regards,
Carel Teijgeler