We use a product called "Cool" from AXS-one, it's a archival system that
allows selected users to view/print reports, it also offers a search
facility.  There are 4 parts of the sending reports to Cool.
1: AS\400 Save the splf's to DB file(s)
2: AS\400 Copy the DB file(s) to PC Format
3: Move the files to the Cool\import folder.
4: Run the cool import pgm.

Judi

I think you mean "COLD" which is "Computer Output to Laser Diak". Basically,
you write all your reports to CD or magnetic-optical disc to relieve disk
space on the host system. There are several AS/400 native offerings (we use
RVI). Brad Jenson has a PC-attached solution. Hardware costs can be as cheap
or expensive as you want (simple PC with CD burner, or IBM 3995 optical
jukebox tower). Most often used for semi- to permanent archival of reports,
where it must be "proved" the reports have not been altered.

Hi All,

I'm looking for a little information about COOL. I understand that it is
some sort of report archiving / retrieval system. I need to "send some
reports to COOL". Mechanically, how does one go about this?

Murali.

This message and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and are intended solely for the use of
those persons to whom the message is addressed.
destroy and delete this message from your computer.
Any unauthorised form of reproduction of this message
or any files transmitted with it is strictly prohibited.
Rothschild Group Staff (other than the intended recipient or author)
may have access to messages sent and received through
the Rothschild gateway. The Rothschild Group does not make any
warranty concerning the security of any information
electronically transmitted and disclaims all liability for the
proper and complete transmission of any information contained
or purportedly contained in this message, nor for any delay
in its receipt.  If you receive this message in error please
notify the sender.