From: "Angela Wawrzaszek" <awawrzaszek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <midrange-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 3:19 PM
Subject: Connecting the iseries thru crystal in a VB app

     We have a VB app that connects to our iseries and displays various
forms of data,   there is also a crystal report that can be selected to
display.   If the user goes to the other parts of the app first the
connection for the iseries is established and the crystal report runs no
problem.   If the user first selects the crystal report the program
bombs out saying the user id is invalid for the connection and shows our
system IP address.   If we look at the ODBC connection the crystal
report uses it uses the system name NOT the IP address.   This process
works fine if the user has crystal installed.     The app is packaged up
with just about every .dll that we can find for it.

Can anyone help or point us in the correct location?

Thanks!