Reverse DNS is IP address to domain name mapping - the opposite of forward
(normal) DNS which maps domain names to IP addresses.

Reverse DNS is maintained in a separate set of data from forward DNS.
For example, forward DNS for "abc.com" pointing to IP address "1.2.3.4",
does not necessarily mean that reverse DNS for IP "1.2.3.4" also points to
"abc.com".

Reverse DNS is mostly used by humans for such things as tracking where a
web-site visitor came from, or where an email message originated etc.

Reverse DNS is typically not as critical in as forward DNS - visitors will
still reach your web-site just fine without any reverse DNS for your
web-server IP or the visitor's IP.
However there is one important exception: Many email servers on the Internet
(including AOL's) are configured to reject incoming emails from any IP
address which does not have reverse DNS.
So if you run your own email server, reverse DNS must exist for the IP
address that outgoing email is sent from.
It does not matter what the reverse DNS record for your IP address points to
as long as it is there. If you host multiple domains on one email server,
just setup reverse DNS to point to whichever domain name you consider
primary.
(Email servers checking for reverse DNS know that it is normal to host many
domains on a single IP address and it would be impossible to list all those
domains in reverse DNS for the IP).

See above text and setup a reverse DNS entry with your ISP.  Tom's response
below will also work.

Sincerely,

Sal Stangarone Jr.
michaels, ross & cole, ltd.

Phone: 630.916.0662
Fax: 630.916.0663

Web: www.mrc-Productivity.com

Visit www.crazybikes.com to view a live demonstration of AS/400 Internet,
Intranet, and Extranet sites.

See Web applications displaying the kind of AS/400 data you might want to
port to your intranet, extranet, or the Internet at our demonstration site -
http://www.crazybikes.com