I am not 100% sure, but I don't think you should have to delete it. If the
file was indeed *sent* by your SNDNETF command, the netf would not be
sitting out there for you to delete. It would be over on the target system.
If the send fails, the netf will be sitting out there waiting for a chance
to retry and complete the mission.

LOCKBOXLIB/NETDESC is just a file. It could be deleted by DLTF command if
that is what you want to do.

-Marty

------------------------------

date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 10:46:57 -0400
from: "Adam Lang" <aalang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Deleting NETF

I am creating a VB program to copy contents of a file from PC to AS/400.
Then, I run a remote command from the VB program to deelte the existing file
in wrknetf.  Finally I then run a remote sndnetf command.

I can do part 1 and 3, but I am having trouble doing the edelete because I
can not find a command on the AS/400 that will do it.  Any ideas?

To clarify, This is how I run remote comamnds from VB with OLE DB.  HEre is
the sndnetf command  (MyCommand is an ADODB.Command object):

With MyCommand
    'Run SNDNETF Command
    .CommandText = "{{SNDNETF FILE(LOCKBOXLIB/NETDESC) TOUSRID((" & sUser &
sAddress & "))}}"
    .Execute
End With

Is there a command like the above I can use to delete existing netf files?

Adam Lang