Here is the source for a program that we use to analyze queries. Although I
don't think it'll give you what you need. It will give you the files
contained in a query. What it does is build a source physical file in a
library with a member for each *QRYDFN object. The I do a PDM Option 25
over the entire source file looking for specific objects. I'm sure you
could write a lookup program if you wish. I just never got around to it.
The file QRYFILEWK is just the outfile from the DSPOBJD command.

     /*
*/

/**********************************************************************/
     /*             C O P Y R I G H T  -
*/
     /*             HANOVER WIRE CLOTH
*/

/**********************************************************************/
     /*      DO NOT COPY OR DISTRIBUTE WITH OUT PERMISSION
*/

/**********************************************************************/
     /*
*/
     /*      PROGRAM: ANZQRYBLD
*/
     /*      PURPOSE: Build work file for query analysis
*/
     /*       AUTHOR: Mark Walter
*/
     /*         DATE: 06/27/00
*/
     /*
*/

/**********************************************************************/
     /*               *** MODIFICATION LOG ***
*/
     /*  NAME/CO.                DATE    DESCRIPTION
*/
     /*  --------------------  --------  ---------------------------------
*/
     /*
*/
     /*
*/

/**********************************************************************/
     /* program to build the analyze query work file(s)
*/
     /* program will create a source physical file in the specified
*/
     /* library then add a member for each query to be analyzed
*/
     /* Utilize PDM option 25 (SCAN) to search the query
*/

/**********************************************************************/

pgm         parm(&lib)
dclf        file(qgpl/qryfilewk)
dcl         var(&lib) type(*char) len(10)
dcl         var(&mbr) type(*Char) len(10)

/* put all query definitions into a temporary work file in QGPL */
/* This file has to be there for the program to compile         */
dspobjd     obj(&lib/*all) objtype(*qrydfn) output(*outfile) +
              outfile(qgpl/qryfilewk)  outmbr(*first *replace)

/* does the source physical file exist?                         */
/* if it doesn't, create it.                                    */
chkobj      obj(&lib/qrysource) objtype(*file)
monmsg      msgid(cpf9801) exec(crtsrcpf file(&lib/qrysource))

/* if it does exist, remove all of the members                  */
rmvm        file(&lib/qrysource) mbr(*all)
monmsg      msgid(cpf7301)

/* file read loop                                               */
read:
rcvf        rcdfmt(qlidobjd)
monmsg      msgid(cpf0864) exec(goto cmdlbl(eof))

/* add the member to the source file and retrive the query      */
/* definition into the member you just added.                   */
addpfm      file(&lib/qrysource) mbr(&odobnm)
rtvqmqry    qmqry(&lib/&odobnm) srcfile(&lib/qrysource) +
             srcmbr(&odobnm) alwqrydfn(*yes)

goto        cmdlbl(read)

eof:
endpgm

Thanks,

Mark

Mark D. Walter
Senior Programmer/Analyst
CCX, Inc.
mwalter@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ccxinc.com

                      "Chuck Lewis"

                      <clewis@xxxxxxxxxx>         To:       "'Midrange Systems
Technical Discussion'" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      Sent by:                    cc:

                      midrange-l-bounces@m        Subject:  RE: how to query an
*qrydfn
                      idrange.com

                      06/24/2004 02:51 PM

                      Please respond to

                      Midrange Systems

                      Technical Discussion

Peter,

That doesn't work for me.

I picked a regular ole query and hit enter and got:

RTVQMQRY QMQRY(LEEQUERY/DPBINVLOC) SRCFILE(ISSRCEP/QQRYSRC)
Object DPBINVLOC in library LEEQUERY not found.
EXPORT QUERY command ended due to error.
RTVQMQRY command failed.

The query is DEFINITELY in that library but this command defines whatever
it
is looking for as a type *QMQRY (?)

Chuck