We're doomed.  This is what globalization has done for us.

>>> clewis@xxxxxxxxxx 06/14/04 02:22PM >>>
Jeff,

I entered as service call on am IBM InfoPrint 40 Friday and I did it over
the internet. That way you can track the call (see the reference #) add
comments, etc.

Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jeff Crosby
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2004 2:17 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: Don't you just love outsourcing . . .

Placed a service call to IBM Friday morning on a 6400 printer.  Got no
reference number.

Called in just now to check because no one has called or shown up.  IBM has
no record on a service call on this particular printer.  Placed another
call.

Took 7 minutes to place because the lady on the other end could not
reasonably speak or understand English.

Then it took another 7 minutes on hold until a 'consultant' was available.
All the consultant did was 1) verify contact information, 2) ask what the
problem was (which I had already detailed to the first person), 3) ask if we
tried another ribbon, and then 4) dispatched it to the local CE.

Arrgh.  I'm not used to this kind of 'service' from IBM.

--
Jeff Crosby
Dilgard Frozen Foods, Inc.