From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Larry Bolhuis
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2004 2:35 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Question on Perle 494 Control Unit/Communications...

Chuck,

  I haven't worked with Perle units in a while, well at least not since
Wednesday!

  The Perle itself will continue to communicate with the AS/400 as long
as it can reach it. Even if no devices are on line it will maintain the
APPC link (likely via ANYNET in your case) and the workstation
controller should stay active.  It's likely that once the power came
back on the Perle rebooted and came alive, or possibly an infrastructure
device (aka switch or hub) was NOT up (maybe plugged into the wall?) and
the link was broken.  Hubs/switches come up real fast so that could
explain the quick return on power restoration.

   - Larry