Folks,
I have 2 problems somehow related:

Problem1:
I've been implementing a program to access IFS files following two sample programs writen by Julian Monypenny in the Spanish version of News400 magazine recently.
One of them, a simplified version of a CPYF-like program, I cannot make it work.
Let's take, e.g., directory /etc , which has a file in it, named "magic" of type STMF .

To read a file I pass its full name, which I've ckecked and gets correctly to the program, eg /etc/magic The handle = openStreamFile (...) is rejected (-1), and I've checked the ERRNO is 3025 which means "no such file or library"
Also tried with other files, with same result.

Am I supposed to pass the file name as /etc/magic.stmf or something like it, i.e. with some extension? Tried different combinations to no help.

I've writen another program, just to write a file of my own, just to test the previous one, and wrote a new file as /etc/Prueba (no extension, "P" uppercase, just in case it matters...)

After execution, it shows up in wrklnk '/etc'
So, I go back to first program, and try to read it from /etc/Prueba and again get same 3025 error.

Any clues or suggestions?

Problem2:
By the way, the file /etc/Prueba I wrote was made up of 5 consecutive writes with " putStreamFile " of a fixed text of all 26 capital letters of the alphabet. When I did the wrklnk '/etc' and got to Prueba, did a display (5) and what I got was the 130 letters in a row... all in one single string.

What I want to end up reading will be some text files passed from a PC application, which I assume will be in some "plain text" format, may be as "xxx . txt" or the like, so I expect it to have different lines with CR+LF at end of each record.

If, in the end, I manage to read that file (assuming I get Problem1 first solved...), reading it with "getStreamFile" will read it as a hugh buffer (of the size I give) or will I get it one record at the time???

TIA

--
Antonio Fernandez-Vicenti
afvaiv@xxxxxxxxxx