Rick,

In the interim, you might want to change the Priority in the class so that they don't run at 20, but instead run at 50 like other batch jobs (Perhaps even more them to 60).

This temporary fix will atleast keep them from killing your Interactive users.

Pete

rick.baird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hey all,

Is there a way to log ODBC accesses to DB2/400 files?  not just some files,
but any file.

For years around here, people had been given pretty much free reign to
download production files to their pc, either by CA dtfs or MS Access via
ODBC, and it's really gotten out of hand.

There are literally hundreds of stray dtf files out on the network that
have been created/changed in the last couple years, and who knows how many
access databases.

All it takes is for 3 or 4 people to try downloading from a huge file using
an inefficient select clause to bring the system to it's knees, and 90% of
the time, the files they download reasonably static, or could be downloaded
once a day to a network drive and used from there.

I can't revoke the privileges without giving them a reasonable alternative,
but something has to be done to remedy this mess.

Any other suggestions on how to handle this would be appreciated.

thanks,

Rick

_______________________________________________ This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing list To post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options, visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/midrange-l or email: MIDRANGE-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives at http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l.