From: qsrvbas@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:qsrvbas@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, May 07, 2004 7:28 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: finding a *DOC document

Jim:

We know a few things about this object. It was created on 2000/06/08 at
approx 2:49 PM on a system named DOLLAR2... four years old. It's outside of
any folder structure... so it's some kind of "management" object (if so, I'd
guess a document list because they're easy to create) or perhaps a
distribution object.

A potential way to determine more is to run the DMPDLO command against it
while trying the three possible values for the SYSOBJATR() parm. Whichever
value works will tell us what class it belongs in, and the dump output will
tell you perhaps all you need to know about what it is.

You might also try running QRYDOCLIB to create a similar object of your own,
dump that, and then compare the two.

Wish I remembered more about these things; I'm stretching just to remember
commands so I can prompt them, view the parms and read the help.

Tom

--
Tom Liotta
The PowerTech Group, Inc.