Here's some info on the RPG/COBOL/C enhancements:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?S52625638

ILE RPG V5.3 enhancements

-New built-in function %SUBARR (assign to, sort, or return, a subarray)
-Direct conversion of date/time/timestamp to numeric, using %DEC
-Control specification CCSID(*CHAR : *JOBRUN) for correct conversion of
character data at runtime.
-Second parameter for %TRIM, %TRIMR and %TRIML indicating what
characters to trim
-New prototype option OPTIONS(*TRIM) to pass a trimmed parameter
-Support for 63-digit packed and zoned decimal values
-An RPG preprocessor enabling the SQL preprocessor to handle conditional
compilation and nested/COPY
-Relaxation of the rules for using a result data structure for I/O to
externally-described files and record formats
-Support for new environment variables for use with RPG programs calling
JavaT methods

I haven't seen anything from IBM on the CL enhancements, but iSeries
Network has a bit of information here:

http://www.iseriesnetwork.com/news/nwn/story.cfm?ID=18477&channel=home

Regards,

John Taylor