There are a couple different date/times. The text description of each QHST* has the range of the records found therein. The name of the QHST8 files cannot be relied on to be in sequence, BTW.

Every record in a QHST* file has 3 fields.

- System date/time in MI format (IIRC) - 8 bytes
- Record number - 2 byte binary
- Data - 132 char

The first field is not readable without APIs, but can be used for sorting. The translated form is in record 1 of each message, starting at position 27 of the 3rd field.

This is in Chapter 8 of the CL Programming manual. Also in Chapter 5 of Work Management.

HTH
Vern