Shannon:

I haven't thought this through, but it seems you have a couple difficulties. By
having a guest profile _and_ a /root share, you have a problem. Also, though
it's been quite a while since I last looked at it, I recall that the QPWFSERVER
*AUTL is specific to /QSYS.LIB objects, not any other file system; and it isn't
exactly associated with file shares, but with almost _any_ /QSYS.LIB object
access via a host server (and possibly TCP/IP servers as well) -- this can be a
problem even for an exit program if it attempts to access a file or call
another program when this is restricted.

First thing I'd do is remove the /root share. Only share directories that you
want shared, perhaps e.g., /home and others. If you _must_ have a /root share,
set its permissions appropriately.

If you have a /root share that isn't restricted, there's pretty much no point
in discussing mapped drive restrictions. AFAIC, the point of sharing is to
allow mapping drives. If you don't want mapped drives, don't share. If you want
only some users to map drives, set permissions appropriately.

Use OpsNav to create and modify shares and to set permissions.

 ==> Connection>Network>Servers>TCP/IP

RMB on iSeries Netserver, select <Open>, or simply double-click. Then expand
Shared Objects. Each share has <Permissions>.

The The iSeries Support for Windows Network Neighborhood Server (iSeries
NetServer) APIs, or Server Support APIs, give some ability to set permissions.
OpsNav provides significant detail.

Tom Liotta

--
Tom Liotta