Thanks

I give it a try.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
rick.baird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, April 23, 2004 2:17 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: OPNQRYF and CGIDEV2

James,

FYI, I think your OPNSCOPEs might be overkill, unless EMP001 is compiled
ACTGRP(*NEW).

if EMP001 opens in the same activation group then share(*yes) would be
sufficient.

Rick

                      "James Lundy"

                      <jlundy@xxxxxxxxx>          To:       "'Midrange
Systems Technical Discussion'" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      Sent by:                    cc:

                      midrange-l-bounces@m        Subject:  RE: OPNQRYF and
CGIDEV2
                      idrange.com

                      04/23/2004 08:57 AM

                      Please respond to

                      Midrange Systems

                      Technical Discussion

             Thanks very much to all that replied.

             This is what worked.

             OVRDBF     FILE(TDEPTMAS) TOFILE(OIPAYFILES/TDEPTMAS) +

                          OPNSCOPE(*JOB)

             OVRDBF     FILE(EMPLOYEE) TOFILE(OIPAYFILES/EMPLOYEE) +

                          OVRSCOPE(*JOB) SHARE(*YES) OPNSCOPE(*JOB)

             OPNQRYF    FILE((OIPAYFILES/EMPLOYEE)) QRYSLT(*ALL) +

                          KEYFLD((HIREDT) (LNAME)) OPNSCOPE(*JOB)

             CALL       PGM(FMCGI/EMP001)

             CLOF       OPNID(EMPLOYEE)

             Jim

Hi James -

>Have tried new, named, and caller.
>For OPNQRY OVRSCOPE used default, *JOB, and *ACTGRPDFN

OPNQRYF doesn't have OVRSCOPE.  Were you talking about OVRSCOPE on OVRDBF?

OPNQRYF *does* have OPNSCOPE and you should try OPNSCOPE(*JOB).

One of the confusing things is that an OPNQRYF ODP with
OPNSCOPE(*ACTGRPDFN) will not scope from the default activation group to a
*NEW activation group even though the associated OVRDBF with
OVRSCOPE(*ACTGRPDFN) will.

--
Ken
http://www.ke9nr.net/

my employer or anyone in their right mind.