Just an FYI, but IBM's printer documentation is not necessarily the final
word.

We've got some newer 4420/4440 wired and wireless Intermec thermal printers
that we print to using the SNMP driver.  According to the knowledge base,
these printers don't support the SNMP driver; just the LPR/LPD driver.
Heck, the printer documentation doesn't even say it is supported.  But an
Intermec tech support guy said it should work and by golly it does <grin>

Charles