Eric, I've tried that too. Nothing seems to get the spool to just act normally.
Instead it goes into *PND status, then you can Hold/Release and it is fine,
Did I set it up correctly? By making it a *LANPRT ???

Thank you,
Mike

"DeLong, Eric" <EDeLong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Mike,

The documentation from IBM says that LPR is the only choice for connecting
this printer. I'm certain the PJL is not the correct driver for that
printer. Please take a look at the documentation here...

http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.nsf/0888cc5d18fceca58625680b005dc690/d6
e996c964f3895286256aa10077ebdb?OpenDocument

The recommendation is to use LPR (Remote OutQ), with WSCST(QWPDEFAULT).

>From Paxar's site, they insist on specific names for their LPD print queues.
"Name of queue on remote printer BINARY_P1 for binary files or TEXT_P1 for
text files." You'll be sending a text stream, so RMTPRTQ(TEXT_P1)

ftp://www.servisource1.com/user_documentation/9825/9850enoi-ad.pdf

hth,

Eric DeLong
Sally Beauty Company