If you submit a DCR the odds increase that 'IBM offers...'.  However they
might want to know why it's important to know the verbatim.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

"Goodbar, Loyd (ETS - Water Valley)" <LGoodbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
04/15/2004 01:33 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
RE: FTP server side logging?

Vern,

My understanding was the AS/400 interprets the client request at the
server.
So somewhere in the AS/400, the client's "as typed request" is processed.
The reason I say that is the Windows client doesn't know that
"/qsys.lib/loyd.lib/me.file" is valid syntax. It may not be stored on the
AS/400, but it translates a "put" into the operation ID 7 and the "what to
put" into the operational information.

I will likely follow Rob's logging examples until hopefully IBM offers a
mechanism to retrieve the verbatim input.

Thanks,
Loyd