Correct checksums allow it to restore at highest security and *SYSVAL
levels??

And it all comes down to whether you trust the vendor and their employees,
no different than it has ever been.  Iirc, you wrote the code that Bill
uses, Keith, and I'd trust it to do what it does, and ONLY that.  (I'd trust
it more, if the MI source was included along with an explanation from the
vendor WHY this was needed, etc. etc.)  I'm making no general
recommendations one way or t'other on WRKDBF or any MI code, btw.

Problem is this.  As it becomes widespread knowledge how to do these things,
and as the knowledge is gained by cut-and-paste rather than years of study..

..Well, not only immature and unprofessional behaviour can result.  Could
get much worse than that.  (But from what verifiable info I've seen, the
WORST 400 folks'll face is a walk-in-the-park compared to what any other OS
user's contend with day-in-and-day-out.  Just saying the potential's out
there.)