From: CWilt@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:CWilt@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 2:25 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: query optimizer revisited - this shouldn't be this hard!

Eric,

Ah, I hadn't thought of that.  I know there are two different optimizers.
But I'm not aware of the older non-SQL one not being able to use EVIs.  EVIs
were introduced before the optimizers split.  Do you know for sure they
wouldn't be used with OPNQRYF?

Point of fact for Rick; you'd be better off using embedded SQL so that
you're taking advantage of the better optimizer.

Charles