I just saw a utility that might help you in one of those ClubTech
newsletters the other day. here is the text. There is a link at the bottom
to get the code. -Marty

1. APIs BY EXAMPLE: DISPLAY IFS OBJECT LOCKS
Have you ever wanted to be able to determine who is locking an object in the

IFS? In this installment of APIs by Example, Carsten Flensburg shows you
how!

The DSPIFSLCK utility uses the "Retrieve Object References (QP0LROR)" API to

list the jobs that are locking an object in the IFS. V5R2 is required in
order to use this API.

Here's what the screen for the DSPIFSLCK command looks like:

                      Display IFS Object Locks (DSPIFSLCK)

 Type choices, press Enter.

 IFS object . . . . . . . . . . .

 Output . . . . . . . . . . . . .   *             *, *PRINT

When you run this utility, it will produce a spooled file that can either be

printed or displayed on the screen. Here's a sample of how the output
appears when you display it on the screen:

                             Display Spooled File
File  . . . . . :   QSYSPRT                         Page/Line   1/2
Control . . . . .                                   Columns     1 - 78
Find  . . . . . .
*...+....1....+....2....+....3....+....4....+....5....+....6....+....7
 3/21/04  15:40:35                            Display IFS object locks
IFS object . . . :  /home/klemscot/myfile.csv
Object in use  . :  *YES
Check out user . :  *NONE
                                                                ------
Job name    Job user    Job nbr  Rd only  Wr only  Rd/wr  Exec  Rd onl
QPADEV0007  QSECOFR     524999       1        0      0      0       0
QPADEV000R  STRAPENN    524995       1        0      0      0       0
QPADEV0008  KLEMSCOT    524989       2        0      0      0       0

The following APIs are demonstrated in the DSPIFSLCK utility:

Retrieve Object References (QP0LROR)
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r2/ic2924/info/apis/qp0lror.htm

Get File or Link Information (QlgStat)
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r2/ic2924/info/apis/lstatu.htm

Retrieve Identity of Last Spooled File Created (QSPRILSP)
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r2/ic2924/info/apis/QSPRILSP.htm

Retrieve Job Information (QUSRJOBI)
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r2/ic2924/info/apis/qusrjobi.htm

Send Program Message (QMHSNDPM)
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r2/ic2924/info/apis/QMHSNDPM.htm

The following ILE C runtime function is demonstrated in the DSKIFSLCK
utility:

System() -- Execute a Command
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r2/ic2924/books/c415607107.htm#HDRSY
STEM

The DSPIFSLCK utility requires V5R2 to execute properly. You can retrieve
the source code for this utility from:
http://www.iseriesnetwork.com/noderesources/code/clubtechcode/DspIfsLck.zip

The above source code was written by Carsten Flensburg. For questions
regarding this tip, contact Carsten at mailto:flensburg@xxxxxxxxxx

------------------------------

date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 09:23:23 -0800
from: "Joubert, Robert" <RJoubert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: DLO document in use - but by who?

Morning all.

I checked the archives, tried Google (I couldn't get it to work correctly so
I gave up in frustration) so I have turned to the deans & professors of
U.Midrange:

does anyone have a method to find out which user is using a DLO / IFS
document?

Thanks.

Rob Joubert