Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

Rob Dixon <rob.dixon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
03/26/2004 12:21 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: AW: Accessing IFS proglem

Werner

Thanks for your help

Werner Noll wrote:

>Rob,
>
>what do you mean by "cannot access"?

my directories do not appear when I display the IFS with OPs Nav although

Root
QOpenSys
QDLS

etc. do appear.

If I type

EDTF /

on a green screen command line, all directories appear.

>If you search by GOOGLE with "IFS Authority Considerations" you will get
>link to an IBM technical document, which describes the "traps" on IFS

I looked at this but, because I don't set up a new installation very
often,  I have  perhaps forgotten some of the basics and it didn't seem
to cover my problem.

It did suggest that "Many operations require *RX authority to the entire
path including the root."

However, in V4R5, this does not appear to be a valid option.  Mine are
all set with *RWS authority.

Many thanks for your suggestion.

I am using Windows XP Pro

I am really stuck and am desperate to solve this problem.  I know that
many (most??) people have solved this problem so I am probably just
being stupid.  Has anyone any suggestions?