Pickup                              5
Pickup      Blue                    3
Pickup      Red                     2
Van                                 6
Van         Blue                    1
Van         Green                   3
Van         Red                     2
********  End of data  ********

However you want the itermediate totals following the details, not prior.

How's about changing your user's perspective?  In the PC/GUI land you
often see the totals first.  And then you drill down into the details.

Customer:  You got any pickups?
Rep:  Sure we have 5 of them, three of them are blue and two are red.  Let
me show you...

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000