That was my recollection of MS involvement in this mess.  (Dunno if it's
been fixed, either.)  That's just ONE reason I, perhaps loosely, referred to
it as a "semi-standard".  (Similar, at least Somewhat, to the (for all
PRACTICAL purposes) W3C semi-standards for browsers.)  Also, there are
standards and then there are standards...  Iow, if a standard gets little
Actual WIDEspread use, and/or the standard is loosely rather than rigorously
followed across platforms/providers/end-user-companies..  Well, t'ain't
muchuva a standard in reality, is it?

Mebbe laterzzzz...;-D