Dear Michael,

There is a PSF Configuration Object parameter called resource retention.
When set to *YES (the default), resources are downloaded to the printer and
stored locally at the printer until it notifies the host that it is running
out of storage space. When this IPDS reply is received, the host takes
action to delete some resources stored at the printer (sends a command with
a list of resources to delete from the printer cache) in order for the
printer to be able to continue working.

The *YES setting allows the resources to be stored locally at the printer
across spool file boundaries.

The *NO setting causes all downloaded resources to be deleted by the printer
at the end of each spool file processed.

HTH

Best Regards,

/Paul
--
Paul Tykodi
National Product Manager

p: 603-431-0606 x115
f: 603-436-6432
E-mail: p.tykodi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.print4sight.com

date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 15:48:21 -0500
from: michaelr_41@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
subject: RE: IPDS Cards

Then it would only d/l the template when it needed it?