I've got a file with thousands of records.  However if I do the following:
SELECT SYSTEM_COLUMN_NAME, SYSTEM_TABLE_NAME, SYSTEM_TABLE_SCHEMA
FROM QSYS2/SYSCOLUMNS
fetch first 20 rows only

via STRSQL I will only get 20 rows.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

<SRamanujan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
03/18/2004 01:37 PM
Please respond to

<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: UDT & SQL query

Rob, I can fetch a few records but the select still selects all rows.
If only I could avoid this traffic for each request, it will truly be
nice.
Thanks,
Sudha

Sudha Ramanujan