I need to send data to another company via XML.  I have a PC web server
running Tomcat, Java Virtual Machine and the other company's software which
when it receives a valid request will fire the data via the internet to the
company and then receive data back.  This web server is connected to our
I-series via our network.

We are a company which deals primarily with I-series and we're all RPG
programmers so certain terminology about PC's, the internet, ports etc are
lost on us.  I have no problem creating the XML file from the data we keep
on the I-series, which I use RPG to do.  However I am lost as to how to then
get this web server to send my file to the other company.  I have been told
by the other company that their software accepts these methods:
*       HTTP Post/Get
*       CGI Strings
*       XML Stream
These mean nothing to me but, I am sure that I must be able to use RPG API's
or use some I-series software to kick this all off.  Please help! Can anyone
point me in the right direction or know of a way of doing this?

James Viney
Senior Analyst/Programmer
Fortis Insurance Ltd
Tel: 023 8031 3324

This e-mail, including any attachments, contains information
that is private and confidential and solely intended for the
addressee or addressees. If you are not the named or intended
recipient, please inform the sender immediately by reply
transmission and delete this e-mail, including any attachments,
without opening or copying it. In addition, in this event you
are hereby notified that any disclosure, reading, reproduction,
dissemination, distribution or any other use of this e-mail,
including any attachments, is strictly prohibited. No warranty
or guarantee is given with respect to the correct and accurate
transmission of the content as well as with respect to the
timely receipt of a sent e-mail.

Messages and attachments are scanned for all viruses known. If
this message contains password-protected attachments, the files
have NOT been scanned for viruses by the Fortis.com mail
domain. Always scan attachments before opening them.