Mark:

Although this can be done via the POWER menu, you might choose to simply
schedule a PWRDWNSYS RESTART(*YES) either in the job scheduler or with a SBMJOB
with SCDDATE() and SCDTIME().

I prefer not to remove power from the system unless I'm physically on site. It
only takes once losing something like a power supply at startup to regret being
away; and finding out early Monday morning isn't fun.

If your system has had regular power on/off cycles in the past, there's less
concern. But if the system hasn't been power tested in a long time, I don't see
a reason to risk it.

Sure, the risk is tiny even on the older systems where the problem was more
common than now. But why even try it if you don't have to?

Tom Liotta

--
Tom Liotta
The PowerTech Group, Inc.