Brian

If you have QShell installed (a very good idea, IMO, and no additional cost option of SS1), then you can

CRTPF SOMELIB/LSOUT RCDLEN(132)

The length needs to be sufficient to handle any of the file names you will get.

Then use the following to redirect the output of a file listing (names only) to the PF:

qsh cmd('ls /somepath > /qsys.lib/somelib.lib/lsout.file/lsout.mbr')

This can be executed from a CL *PGM or a command line.

HTH
Vern