From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Steve McKay
Sent: 17 February 2004 21:06
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: V5R1 Apache admin in blank - moved from WEB400-L

Greetings -

I know this is old hat and I have checked the archives for similar
situations but have found no answers.

I'm trying to get Apache running on a V5R1 box.  When I start the *ADMIN
instance and connect to port 2001, I get 3 icons (and the correct graphics)
on the "AS/400 tasks" page.  If I click on "IBM HTTP Server for AS/400", I
get a blank page for URL http://myserver:2001/HTTPAdmin .

I found the following message in
/qibm/UserData/HTTPA/admin/logs/jvmstderr.txt:

java.lang.NullPointerException
org/apache/tomcat/core/RequestImpl.getFacade()Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServle
tRequest;+24 (RequestImpl.java:425)
org/apache/tomcat/service/connector/JNIConnectionHandler.processConnection(J
J)V+208 (JNIConnectionHandler.java:179)
org/apache/tomcat/service/JNIEndpoint.service(JJ)I+13 (JNIEndpoint.java:176)

I have loaded the Java Group PTF#: SF99069-20 V5R1M0 November 11, 2003 and
the
HTTP Server Group PTF#:  SF99156-16  V5R1M0 November 17, 2003.

5722-JV1  *BASE plus option 3 (JDK 1.2), option 4 (JDK 1.1.8), and option 5
(JDK 1.3) are loaded.

The java error appears to be in Tomcat but I have no reason (that I know of)
to run Tomcat.

Any and all help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Steve