All,

I have a CL program which runs from midnight until 6am every night , in this
pgm it calls an RPG progam every 5 minutes which adds records to a file.

I have another program which runs every 1/2 hour in this time period and
copies the file which is being added to , to a remote location.

This is working fine except for the fact that every 1/2 hour the 1st pgm
reports an error , Error message CPF4128 appeared during OPEN .
This is on the file which is being copied. Presumably the copy CL statement
is locking the file , so the 1st program cannot write to it.

I have tried using the OVRDBF on both programs setting the
RCDFMTLCK((PPSARCR *SHRUPD)) but to no avail , I still keep getting the same
message.

Is there any way around this?

Regards

Steven Gray
Senior Analyst
ARVAL PHH

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by MCI's Internet Managed Scanning
Services - powered by MessageLabs. For further information visit
http://www.mci.com