> The problem with changing the default for SIGNOFF to ENDCNN(*YES) is
> it's  annoying for PC5250 session users, as a signoff would then
> disconnect the  session instead of taking them back to the iSeries
> signon screen.

And unfortunately, it also is something our emulator doesn't deal with
very well. YET.

I had a similar situation to this in high school. We had a room with about
a dozen ASCII terminals (Lear ADM-1s, an ADM-3, a couple of Datamedias, 3
DecWriters, and so forth), all connected to an IBM 370/135 at the district
office, through a pair of big, honking multiplex modems. If we were lucky,
we could get all the terminals talking at 300 Baud. The system ran a
timeshare OS called MUSIC (the McGill University System for Interactive
Computing).

For a time, either the classroom modems, or the district office modems, or
the ASCII Asynch front-end processor, would flake out, and not
automatically re-establish the line if it dropped. The default for signing
off would drop the line. My classmates got to a point where the workaround
(signing off by typing "OFF HOLD") became a deeply ingrained habit.

--
JHHL