Chris,

A lot depends on how you merged the two systems.

Assuming that the Swedish users are still configured as Swedish Client
Access users, and that the Swedish 278 files were actually converted to 37
files (using cpyf with *map or something similiar and the files involved
were tagged (DSPFD) as being CCSID 278 and CCSID 37 respectively) then it
might be as simple as changing the Swedish *USRPRFs to CCSID(278) and
having them sign back on to the system.  This would then cause database to
convert file data tagged with CCSID 37 to/from 278 (the job CCSID now in
effect for these users) and then have it correctly display on the Swedish
client access devices.

There are however quite a few assumptions being made above and so it could
become more complex depending on how you really merged the two sytems.  I'm
also assuming that your reference to the pound sterling was in error as
that character is at x'B1' in both CCSIDs.

Bruce

                      c.chambers@xxxxxxx

                      Sent by:                    To:
midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
                      midrange-l-bounces@m        cc:

                      idrange.com                 Subject:  Swedish Characters

                      02/12/2004 06:18 AM

                      Please respond to

                      Midrange Systems

                      Technical Discussion

I have just merged a Swedish system onto a central AS400 system.

What used to appear as local Swedish characters in Sweden now appear as #,
£, $ etc.

The Swedish AS400 itself has a QCHRID of 278 and the 'new' central 400 as a
QCHRID of 37.

Is there a way for the Swedish users to access the central 400 and still
see
their local characters. (Obviously the non-Swedish users still need to see
their local characters sets).

             I'm thinking that perhaps one can override the QCHRID at a job
or
user level - and then I guess that Client/Access needs also to be
configured
somehow?

             I've searched the archives on this one but couldn't find a
specific
answer (honest).

Regards etc,

Chris