this one is pretty complex, I hope it helps

ovrdbf file(poblkt) share(*yes)
   opnqryf file(poblkt Pomast Itemasa Vennam) +
           format(Poblkt) +
           jfld((1/ordno 2/ordno) +
                (1/itnbr 3/itnbr) +
                (2/vndnr 4/vndnr)) +
           qryslt('(uucapb *ne "XXXX") *and +
                   (reprt *eq "' *cat &blktecode *tcat '")') +
           mapfld((invfg '1/invfg') +
                  (itnbr '1/itnbr') +
                  (uucapb '3/itcls') +
                  (adrft '1/adrft') +
                  (eadr '1/eadr') +
                  (actdt '2/actdt') +
                  (faxn '1/faxn') +
                  (frtal '1/frtal') +
                  (house '1/house') +
                  (latdt '1/latdt') +
                  (ordno '1/ordno') +
                  (pgedt '1/pgedt') +
                  (revnb '1/revnb') +
                  (scity '1/scity') +
                  (scntr '2/pstts') +
                  (shpnm '1/shpnm') +
                  (ship1 '1/ship1') +
                  (ship2 '1/ship2') +
                  (shpid '1/shpid') +
                  (shpzp '4/vndnr') +
                  (sn35 '4/vname') +
                  (sstac '1/sstac') +
                  (s135 '3/itdsc') +
                  (s235 '1/s235') +
                  (s335 '1/s335') +
                  (s435 '1/s435') +
                  (s535 '1/s535') +
                  (tract '1/tract') +
                  (turna '1/turna') +
                  (turnc '1/turnc') +
                  (turnn '1/turnn') +
                  (reprt '%sst(4/entps 1 1)') +
                  (mdate '1/mdate')) +
            keyfld(reprt uucapb itnbr ordno reldt)

Thanks,

Mark

Mark D. Walter
Senior Programmer/Analyst
CCX, Inc.
mwalter@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ccxinc.com

|---------+------------------------------->
|         |           "Martin, Steve      |
|         |           (MAN-Golden)"       |
|         |           <Steve.Martin@xxxxxx|
|         |           m>                  |
|         |           Sent by:            |
|         |           midrange-l-bounces@m|
|         |           idrange.com         |
|         |                               |
|         |                               |
|         |           02/11/2004 04:01 PM |
|         |           Please respond to   |
|         |           Midrange Systems    |
|         |           Technical Discussion|
|         |                               |
|---------+------------------------------->

  |       To:       "'midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx'" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                 |
  |       cc:
                                                 |
  |       Subject:  OPNQRYF

I've looked through the archives, and I don't find an example of the
problem
I'm having. What I'm trying to do is OPNQRYF over 2 files. Here's sample
code:

OVRDBF VCFVEH SHARE(*YES)

OPNQRYF FILE((PFVCF) (PFVEH)) FORMAT(VCFJVEH) QRYSLT(SCODE *EQ "RR")
JFLD((PFVCF/VCBLU PFVEH/SBLU *EQ)) OPNID(VCFVEH)

Notes: SCODE exists in PFVEH, and the format (VCFJVEH) is something I just
made up - so is the OPNID and filename in OVRDBF.

The error I get upon execution is, CPF9899 - Field SCODE on QRYSLT
parameter
not found.

Does someone have a working example of OPNQRYF using 2 files, a QRYSLT, and
KEYFLD's?

tia

Steve