I recently rescued a 9406-170 from the surplus warehouse here at the
university.  Being a PC tech I really didn't know what I had or needed.
To be quite honest I still don't.  Here is a list of the cards
installed.

Tower 1
2838
2720
2740
285A
2850-011 no ram
2839 with 3 pieces of memory
4x 27H1710 Hard drives
4/8 GB tape drive
(looks like CD-rom may have been looted/if it ever had one)

Tower 2
2729
2838
2721
2809
1x 27H1710 hard drive

1 44H7480 cable
1 twinax 4 position tap with 1 20' twinax cable
2 power cables

That is all I have.  No console, tapes, manuals, cables for 2850-011 or
anything else.

Where should I start?  I have gleaned as mush as I can from the
archives and other websites.
I'm pretty sure that I need to get some sort of console setup.  I'm
also pretty sure that the 44H7480 cable that I have is for a modem not a
console.  Could I use some sort of terminal emulation?  A homemade 9/9
pin cable?  I need some sort of near $0 solution just to see if the
thing is functional.  Also is there a way to tell which processor is in
it without a console?