Are you suggesting that OS/400 and Linux are in some way intertwined or
comparable?

Don when I read your postings of doom & gloom I always think of C. Little
and her warnings of the sky falling.  Change is inevitable, in fact huge
change is likely.  My gosh, I can remember when leading edge office
technology was a new Selectric typewriter in the office.  Choosing the font
balls we would need was a decision of the Technical Committe.

In all the years since then IBM has always abandoned her new technologies
but has always helped her customers transition to the new technologies.  I
have little doubt but what that will continue.  IBM is still the King
because IBM has the means of production.

My own reaction is that someone at IBM has a brain.  What a brilliant
strategy!  Linux may gain traction sooner than later now.  Maybe there is
hope for us iSeries folks after all now that companies managers are
beginning to recognize that  there is computing beyond Windows.

Just as a plus that ad must have Bill Gates screaming and ranting.  <hee
hee>

Yes I have heard the fat lady sing.  But not for this show.

Booth Martin   http://www.MartinVT.com
Booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx