Dave:

I just took a CL program that I used to test UIM panel group functions, copied
it into a REXX member, modified it to REXX format and it ran fine after three
edit cycles. Easier to convert than I expected, mostly just getting the proper
quotes around the API calls/parms. I still have a minor issue converting a
binary(4) returned from a couple of the APIs, but that's simple technical
coding. I might use a command shell around the APIs to eliminate the binary
conversion coding.

The procedure displays a full-screen panel and accepts a user/password
combination, then displays a scrolling information panel in a pop-up window,
and finally displays a second full-screen panel to allow updating a library
name value. The inputs/outputs to the UIM panels are displayed via SAY at the
end and the original screen is restored. The three displayed panels are from a
single panel group.

It's pretty ugly looking REXX, but works like a charm. No error handling,
nothing but pass data to UIM, display, then pull data out. I can send you the
code if you wish. I'm a little surprised how easy it was; but then I've done
quite a bit of UIM and already had the compiled panel group.

Tom Liotta

--
Tom Liotta
The PowerTech Group, Inc.