Hi Folks,

I have a command that I have written that "creates a new user profile". It
uses the IBM CRTUSRPRF command but also enrolls folks into our main
application package, email package, etc. It works fine for me because I have
the needed authority to execute the command via QSECOFR. I've been asked by
our CFO to allow a coworker to do this and I am VERY leery of this person
having QSECOFR password (I am not a mean person or a control freak but trust
me, this person has no business with that password.)

Anyway I HAVE written a program(s) to do a reset of a user profile to a
default password and other folks can execute this. It verifies who is using
it and will not allow the resetting of a number of IBM and other users,
passwords. It also logs the who and when into a file that is monitored. This
program does include the IBM CHGUSRPRF command and by creating this under
QSECOFR and doing a CHGOBJOWN it works fine.

I tried to change my "create a new user profile" deal and it will not work.
Does CRTUSRPRF require more authority than CHGUSRPRF ?

Thanks !

Chuck